The Web Content Developer will join the team of people working on the
public Be web site, www.be.com. The Web Team is responsible for quickly
converting other people's content into web pages, and posting them to the
appropriate sections of the Be web site. Team members also write a
considerable amount of new content, some technical, some humorous,
The Web Content Developer will become responsible for several sections of
the Be web site. This person will maintain those sections, adding and
removing content as necessary, including converting other people's
documents into HTML. This person will also work with other Marketing Team
members to write and publish content covering new Be marketing and sales
programs. This person will also write new content, for their own sections
of the web site and possibly for other Be publications.
This person will need to become very familiar with the BeOS, Be's operating
system product, to be able to write and answer questions about it. While
not required, the ideal candidate will already be familiar with Be and the
BeOS (the Be FAQs are a
great place to start).
- Expert HTML coder
- Perl, PHP3, and other web scripting languages a large plus
- Photoshop and other graphics creation/editing skills desired
- Excellent writing skills (writing samples requested)
- Ability to learn new software and/or languages
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to correspond with the public, good judgement
- College degree, technical degree preferred
- 3 years experience in web-related work
- Proven web site design, implementation, and maintenance
(include URLs with application)
E-mail an ASCII copy of your cover letter, resume, your
e-mail and postal addresses, and both day and evening phone
numbers in the body of an e-mail to email@example.com
(attached documents will not be considered). Put
the title of the position you're applying for in the Subject
line of your message.
Mail a copy of your cover letter and resume to:
Jobs At Be, Inc.
800 El Camino Real
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Fax a copy of your cover letter and resume, with the title
of the position you're applying for on the fax cover
to: (650) 462-4129.