Be, Inc., will continue to support BeBox hardware until January 1, 2000. This appendix contains information about installing the BeOS on a BeBox, along with general pertinent usage information.
You install BeOS Release 3 the same way you've installed previous releases. Before you install, however, follow these steps to upgrade the boot ROM:
1. Boot from the Release 3 CD.
2. In the /beos/etc folder, you'll see the ROMUpdater application and a file named bebox_bootmain.image.
3. Press the Control key and drag the bebox_bootmain.image icon onto the ROMUpdater icon.
4. A dialog tells you when the boot ROM has been upgraded.
5. Reboot and proceed with the Release 3 installation.
The Be User's Guide, in lovely HTML, for BeOS Release 3.
Copyright © 1998 Be, Inc. All rights reserved.
Last modified February 19, 1998.